Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, March 28, 2022

The Second St. Patrick's Weekend: That Great Tournament!! Margaritaville, Ultimate Jukebox, CB&C, Stucky's and the PLAV

FRIDAY, MARCH 18

Yesterday was a great day for college basketball, especially with that St. Peter's (#15) upset of Kentucky (#2).  I had to loon up to find it where this college was.  It turns out to be in Jersey City, New Jersey, two miles from New York City. I don't like Kentucky at all.  

Anyway, it was just one upset or close game after another on Friday.  That's the way I like my NCAA Tournament games.  We didn't even go anywhere.  I just enjoyed my Margaritaville Bar in the basement.  I've got a fully stocked refrigerator, a TV in the corner of the bar and the Ultimate Jukebox (300 discs).

Why go anywhere else?

SATURDAY, MARCH 19

Again, saw a bunch of games in Margaritaville before going to Stucky's in Johnsburg where we had the corned beef & cabbage (cb&c) dinners.  I sure wish we had cb&c dinners more often during the year besides just around this time.

Now, a perfect cb&c bite consists of equal parts corned beef and cabbage, heavily peppered and with a dash of horseradish and/or mustard.  But, I hate when I run out of corned beef or cabbage before the other.  Not cool man.

Had a great time watching the tournament games and singing karaoke.

SUNDAY, MARCH 20

We were hoping to check out the newly remodeled McHenry American Legion, but there were too many cars parked outside it.  So ended up at the Polish Legion of American Veterans around the corner and had a great time as we know a lot of people there as well.

Afterwards, we found Stucky's was closed so went home and watched some more great Tournament games at Margaritaville.

--RoadDog


No comments: