Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Ending March: Gas, Trivia, Donovan's, First Theater Movie in Two Years 'The Godfather' and the Tournament

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23

Gas at $3.90 ($3.89.9) in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, and $4.40 in Illinois.  Went to Donovan's and played trivia.

THURSDAY, MARCH 24

My first movie in a theater since February 28, 2020, (and, you-know-why).  Since this is the 50th anniversary of the release of the movie "The Godfather" and the Fox Lake Theatre was showing it, this seemed like a perfect time to go.  They're still charging $6 for matinees (and seniors) and I bought a large container of popcorn (still at $8, but at least you get free refills) to welcome me back and help support them.

These last two years have been quite hard on theaters.   I was expecting there to be a big crowd to see "The Godfather" but I was the only one there.  You might say I had my own personal showing.  That is one magnificent movie.  And, to have the opportunity to see it on the big screen.  Wow!!

Went home and enjoyed Margaritaville, the Ultimate Jukebox and four of the best basketball games in the Tournament that you can imagine.

Sure Good to be Back at the Movies.  --RoadDog


No comments: