Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, March 27, 2022

WLS Top Ten for Week of March 27, 1972: 'I Gotcha'

That's right, fifty years ago.  Where does the time go?

1.  HORSE WITH NO NAME--  America

2.  MOTHER & CHILD REUNION-- Paul Simon

3.  PUPPY LOVE--  Donny Osmond

4.  HEART OF GOLD--  Neil Young

5.  I GOTCHA--  Joe Tex

6.  JUNGLE FEVER--  Chakachas  It was a wonder that they could play this song on the air.

7.  ROCK & ROLL LULLABY--  B.J. Thomas

8.  WITHOUT YOU--  Nilsson

9.  ROUNDABOUT--  Yes

10.  DOWN BY THE LAZY RIVER--  Osmonds

*******************************

DEBUTS

15.  CRAZY MAMA--  J.J. Cale

22.  DAYDREAMING--  Aretha Franklin

26.  TAURUS--  Dennis Coffey

28.  IN THE RAIN--  Dramatics

THE FAMILY OF MAN--  Three Dog Night

THE DAY I FOUND MYSELF--  Honey Cone

Quite an array of music here.  Stuff you don't hear all together on today's segmented stations.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I Want To Live, I Want To Give, I've Been a Miner."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Heart of Gold"


No comments: