Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 25, 2023

Trying to Reason With an Ice Storm-- Part 5: Quite the Mess

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23

Sadly, when I got home (about half a mile away), the garage door didn't open so I knew the electricity was still off.  

Since I couldn't really do anything, I decided the time was good to do some shopping (in stores with electricity.)

So, drove over to Illinois Highway 31 in McHenry, a major shopping area.

This is the second winter event we've had in the last week.  Last Thursday we had about five inches of snow, now ths ice storm last night.  Both times, we got really hit along the Wisconsin-Illinois border.  The farther south you go, the less snow last week and less ice last night.  I am all in favor of sharing our good fortune with those folks.

The trees in the subdivision are still covered with thick ice and a while lot of limbs are down.  Same held true during my drive to McHenry.  Saw quite a few piles of limbs right up by the road and in several spots there were guys out clearing up the mess.  I could see a few spots where the remnants of limbs were actually on the road.

This was by far the worst ice storm I can ever remember.

--RoadIce


No comments: