Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Trying to Reason With an Ice Storm-- Part 3: Icy Neighborhood

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2023

I walked carefully out to the truck which was parked outside. The driveway was covered in ice, but part way to the street was clear.  Also, the street did not appear to have any ice on it either.  After some tugging, I was able to get the driver door open and grabbed an ice scraper.

The ice came off in sheets, fortunately,so wasn't as bad as I anticipated.  My long time neighbor across the street walked over and said he was without electricity as well, but had used his fireplace last night and slept by it where they stayed warm.  He said he had heard we weren't getting electricity until Saturday.  I sure didn't want to hear that.  It got pretty chilly last night as it was.

(I had heard that it might be later today or perhaps even as late as Saturday for some.  I found this out on my new smart phone which, of course, being battery operated, was still usable for the internet.  Something I didn't know how to do with the old flip phone I had.)

I was happy to find the streets in out subdivision were perfect.  That is a good thing as we have some hills in the area.  I saw that some of my pine tree limbs were bent and touching the ground.  Quite a few tree limbs down on my way and even a couple trees.

Drove down the hill to US-12 (Rand Road) and saw that the Midwest Breakfast Company had electricity.

Time for some breakfast.

--RoadIce


No comments: