Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Trying to Reason With an Ice Storm-- Part 4: The Midwest Breakfast Company

I was happy to find all roads clear of ice both on the way to breakfast and afterwards.

The Midwest Breakfast Company has been mopen about ten years, but Liz and I had never been to it.  It has a great reputation for food and is usually quite crowded.  The only time we did think to go to it, there was too long of a wait to get seats.  

Plus, I understand they are also on the expensive side, but these days all places are expensive.  A breakfast anywhere is costing between $15 and $20 after paying for coffee and the tip.

The place wasn't crowded, but it did have a group of retired men there for a coffee club.  One of them turned out to be the owner.  I told him I was there because I didn't have electricity.  He said he didn't either and that he lived in Orchard Bluff Estates subdivision as I do also.

People continued to come in while I was eating and having several more cups of coffee.  What else did I have to do?  Most of the people coming in were in my boat with no elecricity.

The breakfast was every bit as good as I had heard it would be and really not more pricey than you'd pay anywhere these days.  Price:  $10.50 for Denver omelet, coffee $2.75, tax $1.07 and tip $3.  Just a bit ver $17.  Like I said before, breakfast is expensive these days.

I was kind of hoping to have electricity at home by then.

--RoadIce


No comments: