Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Da Gas Gouge-- Let's Refuel America

The Angry Horny Lizard just gets madder and madder at Big Oil. The magic $4 level has been breached in some places and I imagine it will be all over the country by Memorial Day.

I am predicting it will get up to around $4.10 here and then will start dropping during the Summer Driving Season, when it used to go up. Hey, the law of supply and demand no longer applies here.

Prices should continue to drop until the election as I don't think Big Oil wants one of the political parties to be adversely affected.

A friend sent me a site where you can punch in a zip code and find out gas prices for the area. I checked out my family's prices. Guess I'll be needing to move to White House, Tennessee, to get those "cheap" gas prices these days.

Prices for regular, with the nine tenths rounded up:

Palatine/Arlington Heights, Illinois-- $3.90 to $4.10
Spring Grove, Illinois-- $3.90 to $4
Goldsboro, NC-- $3.72 to $3.77
Richmond Hill, Georgia-- $3.64 to $3.91
White House, Tennessee-- $3.60 to $3.70

And, I can remember pulling out of a gas station back in the sixties and being mad when they HAD the AUDACITY to charge 35 cents a gallon. How dare they!!!


LET'S REFUEL AMERICA

I see that Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep has a new program that guarantees that you don't pay over $3 a gallon for the next three years on new purchases. That would help a lot. BUT LET'S NOT FORGET THAT ANYTHING ABOVE $2 IS TOO MUCH.

The Horny Toad's Gettin' His Tail in a Bind!!! --RoadDog

No comments: