Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Four Bucks a Gallon-- Who's Gettin' Rich and Who Ain't

Well, for one, I am on the "Ain't" List. I had envisioned lots of road drives and cruises after retiring, but have REALLY cut down on these. It's not that I can't afford them, BUT, I don't want to make those GRBs at Big Oil any richer than they already are.

The May 18th Chicago Tribune ran an article "Gas profits farup the pipeline, not at the pump" by Greg Burns and Joshua Boak.

THE WINNERS--

Crude Suppliers-- that'd be BIG OIL and producer countries
Speculators-- I believe these folks to be in cahoots with Big Oil
Tax collectors-- not flat fee charges, but percentage chargers
Credit Card Companies-- many folks are charging their gas and not paying charges off at end of the month
Public Health-- walking, biking, and public transit make for healthier lifestyles.

I'd like to add, the railroads.


THE LOSERS--

Dear Old RoadDog-- can't enjoy retirement like he should
Motorists-- Can anybody give me an AMEN
Transport Companies-- trucking, cabs, limos, and especiall the airlines
Gas Station Owners-- don't make much on a gallon of gas to begin with. Sales of soda and other items lagging though because of customer ersentment.
Refiners and Distributors-- I don't think I agree with them as losers here
Automakers-- Should have told Big Oil to take a jump a long time ago and focused on better mileage vehicles

Still Doing Some Burning Here. --One Really Mad Horny Toad

No comments: