Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

JSS-- Finished Retaining Walls-- Great Day for ODing-- "Iron Man"-- Preservation Month-- UT Goin' Down in October

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.

1. FINISHED RETAINING WALLS-- Used the decent weather yesterday to finish the work on the retaining walls on the west side of the house. I figure I used about 70 retaining wall stones to do it as well as quite a few cut stones on about seven different levels. Looks good.

2. GREAT DAY FOR ODing-- And I don't mean overdosing. I call sitting out on the deck OD, On Deck, Get It?? Sun's out and temp is 68 degrees. Time to break out the suntan lotion. Or is it better called sunburn lotion. Planning on getting the boat out next week.

3. "IRON MAN"-- I'm not surprised to see that "Iron Man" did well at the box office this last weekend. It is good for both older folk like me and definitely something the younger kids will like. They were laughing and cheering at the theater on Friday. It made $100.7 million, the second-best non-sequel opening. It is the first-ever release by Marvel Studios. They've had others like "Spiderman", X-Men", and "Fantastic Four", but these were withthe backing of other studios. Robert Downey, Jr, was great.

4. NATIONAL PRESERVATION MONTH-- May is the 4th annual National Trust for Historic Preservation's Preservation Month. Go out and support your lcal historic house.

5. UT GOIN' DOWN-- I see that my alma is playing my nephew's alma October 4th in Knoxville. Poor old University of Tennessee won't know what hit them after my alma Northern Illinois gets through with them. Might even go to the show, despite Big Oil's greed.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: