Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

JSS: Won $7!!-- Cold and Dreary-- Eagles Groundhogs and Snow Sculpture on Docket-- Then Warm-- What Happened?

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. $7!!!-- Well, that might not seem like a lot, but that is the first money I've won in the Illinois Lottery since it began back in the 70s. Monday, I went to Hello Folks in Fox Lake, where I usually buy the tickets while playing NTN, and turned in a ticket from March 2009 and found out I won $7. Sure glad I turned it in or it would have been no good in a couple months.

I also must admit that I don't buy more than maybe ten times a year. With my luck, I know there is no chance of winning, but it sure is neat to dream about it.


2. COLD AND DREARY-- This winter is really getting to me. It's cold, dreary and not a lot of sun. I am not a winter fan, but have been playing an inordinate amount of NTN and have seen six movies si far.


3. EAGLES, GROUNDHOGS AND SNOW SCULPTURE ON DOCKET-- Hoping to break up this Drear with a road trip out to the Mississippi River to see the bald head eagles. Magnificent creatures. Then the next weekend, we have the Groundhog Day celebration in Woodstock, Illinois, where the movie "Groundhog Day" was made. That same weekend is the Snow Sculpture competition in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.


4. THEN WARM-- Next, a trip to Panama City Beach, Florida, where I see they have 70 degrees this week. Sure could use that.


5. WHAT HAPPENED? Watching some college hoops last night. Wisconsin won and, surprisingly, NIU beat dastardly Toledo, something that doesn't happen very often. Surprisingly, Duke lost to NC State and North Carolina was trounced by Wake Forest. What's with UNC this year?

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog


Keeping Your Sanity-- Pick up a box of condoms at the pharmacy and ask the clerk where the fitting room is.

No comments: