Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Where Were You December 27, 1969?-- Part 1

On December 27th, Bob Stroud did a Time Warp back to the changing to new decades years of December 27, 1969 and 1979.

December 27, 1969, I was a freshman at Northern Illinois University and home for Christmas Break (yes, that's what we called it back then). I was at my parents' home on Anderson Drive in Palatine, Illinois. I was working the holidays at my old high school job, serving up Whoppers at the Burger King on Northwest Highway in Palatine and getting paid, I think, $1.50 an hour.

Liz and I were still going together but it was becoming strained as she was attending Harper College.

My speech teacher at Northern had let me use his Volkswagen Beetle after I drove him to O'Hare for a flight back home. My brother had gotten the keys and taken it out for a ride and lost control in the snow and broken a front headlight which Dad was nice enough to have fixed. Sure had a hard time getting Bro to admit it.

Music Up Next. --RoadDog


To maintain your sanity: At lunch, sit in your parked car with sun glasses and point a hair dryer at passing cars and see how many slow down.

No comments: