Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Where Were You December 27, 1969?-- Part 5

When Stroud takes his commercial break, he comes back with a song from that date and plays a little of it.

He had four songs from 1969:

La La La (If I had You-- Booby Sherman-- teen heart throb

Walking in the Rain-- Jay and the Americans-- a cover of an old Ronettes song, sung by Jay Black.

I'll Never Find a Love Again-- Dionne Warwick-- from Bacarach and David

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head-- B. J. Thomas-- From "Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid" soundtrack.

Other Top Twenty songs from December 1969.

From The Book of Hit Singles Top 20 Charts from 1954 to the Present Day by Dave McAleer.

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE-- PETER, PAUL AND MARY
DOWN ON THE CORNER-- CCR
TAKE A LETTER MARIA-- R. B. GREAVES
YESTER-ME, YESTER-YOU, YESTERDAY-- STEVIE WONDER
AND WHEN I DIE-- BST
ELI'S COMING-- THREE DOG NIGHT
BACKFIELD IN MOTION-- MEL AND TIM
WEDDING BELL BLUES-- FIFTH DIMENSION
MIDNIGHT COWBOY-- FERRANTE AND TEICHER
SMILE A LITTLE SMILE FOR ME-- FLYING MACHINE
CHERRY HILL PARK-- BILLY JOE ROYAL
BABY, I'M FOR REAL-- ORIGINALS

Getting Ready for the Seventies. --RoadDog

To Keep You Sane: When the money comes out of the ATM, scream, "I WON!! I WIN!!"

No comments: