Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 10, 2013

It's Them, Not Me: Help Us!! Gas Gouge IS ON!!!!

On June 1st, gas in Fox Lake, Illinois, was "down" to $3.94 in the afternoon.  I say "down" because it was coming back down from a gas gouge up to $4.10.  We've had around five different gas gouges so far this year.  That evening, it had gone up to $4.10.

On the way to Milwaukee's airport the next day, gas was $3.86 in some stations and $4 in others.  Landing at Savannah's airport, the closest-in station was $3.60 and I thought, "Wow, gas is 'sure' cheap here."  Then, I saw gas for $3.24 at the next station.

Gas in Georgia (around Savannah ans Stateboro) was $3.20 to $3.26 (except for that one station).  Driving to North Carolina, I got gas on June 3rd for $3.17 in Florence, SC.  Gas in North Carolina (around Goldsboro and Raleigh) was between $3.30 to $3.40.

Then, yesterday, real "sticker shock." when I saw gas from between $4.16 and $4.20 in Wisconsin.  That was bad, but not as bad as good-old rip-off Illinois, where it was $4.20 to $4.40.  I heard something about three refineries being closed, supposedly for repairs.  I was told gas in Fox Lake was up to $4.35, that's a 41 cents jump in eight days.

A mighty good way to make profits if you ask me.  Of course, they know they can get away with it as our government won't do anything about it.  Obama's administration clearly has the GRB's back even if it hurts the majority of people in the country.

If I'm running things, there'd be a 99% tax on all profits like this.  Hey, the government needs money, anyway.  Then, perhaps there would be less incentive to make obscene profits like this.

Burning Again.  --RoadDog

No comments: