Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

JSS: Desk Lamp Woes-- No Photo-Enforced Ticket?-- No "Monster U"

JSS--  Just Some Stuff


1.  DESK LAMP WOES--  Without a doubt, my desk lamps are trying my patience big-time right now.  First, a week ago, the lamp on the computer desk in the basement where I write these blogs, went out.  After all sorts of fun getting the bulb out (not your standard bulb) I found out that no place around here sells it.  I took out my old deejay lamp and now the knob at the top of it almost requires pliers to turn.

Then, the lamp on the table in the sunroom went out.  It is a halogen lamp and again, all sorts of fun getting the bulb out.  I did find replacement bulbs at Menard's and it was a good thing I got two bulbs as one didn't work.  The whole process of getting the bulb in was even more fun as it was another one of those how-in-the-world do you get it in ones.


2.  NO PHOTO-ENFORCED TICKET?--  Last Wednesday, that lousy photo-enforced stoplight going southbound on US-12 and Il-134, almost, well, I hope almost, got me.  It is a bad one as you come up over a hill when you get near it and have no idea how long the green light has been on.  Well, today, it caught me in never-never land when it turned yellow.  I could come to a stop with screeching tires and perhaps a rear-ender from the guy behind me, or proceed through.

I proceeded through, knowing that my fate might be $100.  No ticket in the mail as of yesterday.


3.  NO "MONSTER U"--  Monday, with all the rain falling and threatening, I decided the time was perfect to see the new animated movie "Monster U."  I admit it, I really love these new animated kids movies and some say that at 62 I'm too old.  Well, so be it. 

Anyway, drove to McHenry, battling a myriad of stop lights (none photo-enforced) to the McHenry theater and got there in time for the 12:30 showing as did what must have been every 4-10  year-old kid in town.  I'll see it another day.

So went to the Vinyl Frontier nearby and bought some used CDs.  Another passion for me, mom-and-pop record stores and flipping through CDs and albums.

Just Some Stuff.  --RoadDog


IF CATS PERFORMED "CATS":  Performers would find the sand in the lobby ashtrays and, well, you know.

No comments: