Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

WLS Top 40 Survey for August 12, 1966-- Part 2: "Guantanamera"

35.  THE DANGLING CONVERSATION--  Went to #25 on Billboard.

34.  SEARCHING FOR MY LOVE--  Bobby Moore   Went to #27 Billboard.  His backing group was the Amazing Rhythm Aces.  They hailed from Montgomery, Alabama.  This is also a huge Beach Music song.

33.  BILLY & SUE--  B.J. Thomas   I wrote about him and this song on my July 15, 1966, WLS Top 40.

32.  GUANTANAMERA--  Sandpipers   Went to #9 Billboard.  Los Angeles-based trio.  Met while they were members of the Mitchell Boys choir.  The song was  adopted by Pete Seeger from a Cuban poem.

31.  TIP OF MY FINGER--  Eddy Arnold    Went to #43 on Billboard.  Richard Edward Arnold, born near Henderson, Tennessee.  A country performer on the pop charts.  ranked the #1 country singer of all time.

Name That Tune (from the above):  "I Love You, I need You, I Need You By My Side."  --RoadDog



"Searching For My Love"

No comments: