Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Every Blooming THing: Late Summer 2016

As summer approaches its end, my main flower right now is the many, many black-eyed Susans I have blooming.  The purple coneflowers are still blooming as are the tall phlox and mums as starting the come in.

Meanwhile, my mountain ash is starting to lose limbs and my Austrian and Black Forest pines are not looking good.  The crabapple trees are also losing leaves very quickly.

The grass is starting to come back after the drought, but the weds and crabgrass are doing real well.  When I cut the grass, it is to mostly cut the weeds.

The U.S. flag flies from the garage door wooden sides.  I've always wanted to fly it, but with nothing but brick to attach it to, couldn't.  I saw a house flying a flag on that part and realized I could do that as well.

--RoadFlag

MORE SUTHEN-ISMS:  And to those of you who are still having a hard time understanding all this Southern stuff ... bless your hearts, I hear they are fixin' to have classes on Southerness as a second language.

No comments: