Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Record Store Day Albums-- Part 1: Smash Sounds

I did buy that Harry Nilsson  Anthology CD, but  the main idea of Record Store Day is to pay homage to the vinyl albums.  That, and to get people into the mom and pop records stores.  Places old fogies like me can go to and still feel at home.  When I go into Best Buy, I don't know what a whole lot of the stuff they have is anymore, but usually have at least heard of them.

These are the songs on the Smash Sounds album that I bought.  1967 Atlantic Recording Corporation, printed in U.S.A.  SD 850

Songs with (*) are ones I haven't heard.

Side One

COOL JERK--  Capitols
THE BEAT GOES ON--  Sonny & Cher
SWEET SOUL MUSIC--  Arthur Conley

RESPECT--  Otis Redding
GLORIA--  Shadows of Knight
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH--  Buffalo Springfield

Side Two

LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND--  Deon Jackson
BOOK OF MEMORIES--  Percy Wiggins *
STAND BY ME--  Ben E. King

JUMP BACK--  King Curtis *
NEIGHBOR, NEIGHBOR--  Jimmy Hughes *
LET'S GO GET STONED--  Coasters *

I especially like songs that I haven't yet heard (or don't remember hearing).

Good Music, Sam.  --RoadDog

SOME INTERESTING AND IRONIC PREDICTIONS:  "I think there could be a world market for 'maybe' 5 computers....  Doesn't seem like a good investment."--  Thomas Watson, Chairman IBM in 1943.


No comments: