Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 3, 2017

A Real Good Cassette Collection: 20 Great Oldies-- Part 1


I have been listening to some of my prerecorded cassette tapes (and I have a REAL lot of them) and came across a really good one titles "20 Great Oldies - Vol. 4."  Made in Holland.  I knew some of the songs, but there were a lot I was unfamiliar with.

I will do the track listing.  The number behind the artist is how high it got on the Billboard Charts and I will also have the year.

Side One

1.  (DO THE) MASHED POTATOES--  Nat Kendricks & the Swans  (#84) 1960
2.  BILLY'S BAG--  Billy Preston (No rank) 1965  His first song recorded.
3.  DOWN THE AISLE (WEDDING SONG)--  Patti LaBelle & the Bluebelles  (#37) 1963.  Her first hit.

4.  BOOM BOOM--  John Lee Hooker (#60)  1962.  His only hit on the Pop Charts.  Great Blues.
5.  FOLLOW YOUR HEART--  Manhattans  (#92)  1966
6.  THAT'S HOW HEARTACHES ARE MADE--  Baby Washington
7.  RAINBOW--  Gene Chandler  (#12) 1963

8.  MISTY--  Lloyd Price  *(#21) 1963
9.  SHAME SHAME SHAME--  Wilson Pickett  (No Rank)
10.  IT'S TOO LATE--  Wilson Pickett  (#49) 1963

Name That Tune (from the above):  "Gonna Shoot You Right Down."  --RoadDog



"Boom Boom"

No comments: