Being an account of some things I'm interested in, what I'm doing, and reflections on my past, especially music.
Saturday, May 5, 2018
10 Misconceptions About Cinco De Mayo-- Part 2
5. It isn't a celebration of Mexican culture.
4. Americans don't celebrate it for any other reason than ALCOHOL. Yes, that Mexican beer and, of course, tequila.
3. You're not supposed to drink alcohol on Cinco De Mayo. The official drink is the non-alcoholic AguaFresca.
2. You're not supposed to eat tacos. The ones like Taco bell are not real Mexican tacos.
1. It isn't even supposed to be a party.
Well, in a short time, Liz and I are going over to the American Legion in Fox Lake where they are having a Cinco De Mayo and Kentucky Derby party. There is a tequila bar, free tacos and fajitas, $2.50 Coronas, $2 mint juleps, and prizes. Reckon we are not living up to the real Cinco De Mayo.