Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 11, 2018

Creedence Clearwater Revival on Rock and Roll Roots-- Part 1: "I Put A Spell On You"


On April 22, Bob Stroud did a Root Salute to Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) on his Rock and Roll Roots show from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM, the "Drive."  the reason for it was the upcoming birthdays of CCR members Stu Cook and Doug "Cosmo" Clifford.

If I had to pick just one favorite band from the 1960s it would have to be CCR.  They were the only group I'd buy their albums just as soon as they were released.

I PUT A SPELL ON YOU--  CCR

LOVE POTION #9--  Searchers
HOW LONG--  Ace

ONE FINE MORNING--  Lighthouse
MAKE ME SMILE--  Chicago

BORN ON THE BAYOU--  CCR
GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY--  CCR

TAKE IT ALL--  Badfinger
HELLO IT'S ME--  Todd Rundgren
OPEN MY EYES--  Nazz

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Now, When I Was Just A Little Boy, Standing To My Daddy's Knee."  Answer below.  --RoadDog

ABOUT US SEENAGERS  (Senior Teenagers):  I have my own pad.

"Born On the Bayou"


No comments: