Friday, May 11, 2018
JSS: Cold-- Gas Gouge-- Cemetery-- Cut Grass-- Old Stomping Grounds
JSS-- Just Some Stuff.
1. COLD-- Well, we are being hit with a chilly day with temps this morning in the 40s and highs of 50s here in northern Illinois. Those poor people out at Wrigley Field will be suffering for this afternoon's Cross Town Series game between the White Sox and Cubs.
2. GAS GOUGE-- Yesterday we saw gas in Fox Lake at $3.10 ($3.09.9) Gas at another station in Chicago's Northwest Suburbs was even at $3.20. I guess the good old low prices are gone. How high will gas get?
3. CEMETERY-- This coming up on Mother's Day, we went to the cemetery in Arlington Heights where Liz's parents are buried and put up new flowers and cleared off grass from around the marker.
4. CUT GRASS-- I cut the grass Sunday and had to cut it (and all those dandelions) again Thursday. Can't have it getting too far ahead of me.
5. OLD STOMPING GROUNDS-- After going to the cemetery, Liz and I drove by our old homes in Palatine and ate at Photo's in Palatine (Northwest Highway, US-14). Photo's is located where the Burger King used to be where I got my first job and worked at junior and senior years in high school and freshman year in college.
We then drove on Quentin Road to Fairfield Road which is how we used to drive between Round Lake Beach to Palatine and later Arlington Heights to visit with Liz's parents.