Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Chicago Cubs Success Breeds Haters, But Not Me


From the July 4, 2019, Chicago Tribune by Paul Sullivan.

It was probably inevitable, but the success of the Cubbies has brought about the haters.  Now, not just certain White Sox fans or Cardinal fans,  but people across the nation.

Data from Twitter suggests that the Cubs are now second only to the New York Yankees in the hatred in the hearts of folks.  The Yankees are the most-hated baseball team in 28 states while the Cubs are a distant second with 8.

I have always disliked the Yankees.  Why, I don't even like the name.  But they have been a bane to my White Sox for too many years to list.  If I was at a Sox game against the Yankees and the Yankee pitcher was throwing a perfect game or a no-hitter, I would seriously have to consider whether I'd be pulling for him.  Well, I would pull for him, but only after much soul searching.

Some Cub-hating states are obvious, like Wisconsin (the Brewers) and Missouri (the Cardinals).  But other states not keen on the North Siders are Iowa, Indiana, Arkansas, Nevada, Wyoming and South Dakota.  South Dakota?

Other "hateable" teams are Dodgers (5 states), Cardinals and Mets (4 apiece) and Red Sox (1).

I am not a Cubs hater.  As a matter of fact I am a big Cub fan unless they play the White Sox.

Well, at LEAST They Are Not As HATED As the New England Patriots.  --RoadHateYankees

No comments: