Wednesday, July 3, 2019
WLS Top 40 for July 7, 1969-- Part 2: "Yesterday When I Was Young"
35. WE GOT MORE SOUL-- Dyke and the Blazers #35 Never heard this one before. But like they say, "We Got More." They're all "Doin' Their Thing." Arlester "Dyke" Christian and the backing band of the O'Jays, the Blazers.
34. RECONSIDER ME-- Johnny Adams #28 And you thought you had more soul in New Orleans. When he says "Please," you gotta believe it. Nicknamed "The Tan canary" for his voice. Highest pop song of three Hot 100s.
33. EVERY DAY WITH YOU GIRL-- Classics IV #19 Love the sax solo.
32. YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS YOUNG-- Roy Clark #19 A bit of country crashes the pop chart. Such a sad song. Just one bad thing after another happens to the guy. So many bad choices. His highest charting pop song out of six songs in the Hot 100.
31. DAYS OF SAND AND SHOVELS-- Bobby Vinton #34 Kind of a "Honey" song. I don't remember it, but it was about a guy looking back on his childhood girlfriend. I also don't like "Honey" songs.
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "Is Sweeter Than The Day Before." Answer below. --RoadDog
"Every Day With You Girl"