Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 22, 2019

JSS: OK, Call It Global Warming-- Japanese Beetles-- Long Distance, Please


JSS--  Just Some Stuff

1.  OK, CALL IT GLOBAL WARMING--  After this past two weeks, go ahead and call it Global Warming.  You'll get no argument from me.

2.  JAPANESE BEETLES--  They're back.  But their numbers don't approach anything like in their heyday ten years ago.  They do two things, eat and procreate.  I often find one on top of another and they are prime targets.  They can't move fast and at least I know I get a female so no eggs and new beetles from her.

3.  LONG DISTANCE, PLEASE--  I read that President Nixon called the Apollo 11 folks fifty years ago.  Hopefully he had a REAL lot of quarters, dimes and nickels to cover THOSE long distance charges in 1969!!   Another quarter, please.

I remember calling Liz in Illinois when my family was on vacation in North Carolina when I was in high school and college.  I would have to gave a pocketful of change.  It seemed that every few minutes the operator was asking for more money.  This was an expensive thing to do.

A Lot Of Japanese Beetles Have Died With Smiles On Their Faces.  --RoadDog

No comments: