Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 22, 2019

So, What Were You Doing Fifty Years Ago?-- Part 2 Man on the Moon


On the actual day of the Moon landing, I posted about Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landing on the Moon at 4:17:40 Eastern Time on July 20, 1969.  But, for some reason I always felt it was really late at night when Armstrong stepped out of the module and onto the Moon's surface.

Obviously, that time was not late at night.  Is my mind slipping?

Well, in yesterday's Chicago Tribune I found out that 4:17 p.m. was when the module landed on the Moon's surface.  Neil Armstrong did not exit it and step on the Moon's surface until 10:56 p.m. EDT.

So, my mind is still here, at least somewhat.

Not Nice To Fool Me.  --RoadDog

TRIVIA TEASER:  In 1984, which baby was the first infant subject of xenotransplant, living for 21 days after receiving the heart of a baboon?


Answer:  Baby Fae


No comments: