Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 8, 2024

Last Weekend at the Legion: Cheap Beer, Fish Fry and an Afternoon Entertainment

Last week I ended up at the American Legion in Fox Lake for three straight days.

FEBRUARY 29, Thursday (As in Leap Year)

After a movie in Fox Lake I stopped by the Legion to enjoy those $1.50 pints of Lite.  This is the special every Monday and Thursday.  My buddy Frank joined me.  I left when the bingo folks started coming in.

MARCH 1, Friday

Saw the last episode of "Band of Brothers" at Frank's.  This was a great series which unfortunately I didn't get to see when it was on as I didn't subscribe to HBO.  Glad I finally got to see it.

Then I went to the American Legion in Fox Lake again and met friends Glenn and Barb at the bar and enjoyed the Grant Township annual fish fry.  It was AUCE for $12 and, as always tasty.  And, as always the place was jammed tight with folks.

MARCH 2,   Saturday

Met Glenn and Barb again at the Legion and thoroughly enjoyed the show that New Odyssey Guy put on from 3 to 6 pm.  Where else you gonna get entertainment in the afternoon in March?

--RoadLegion


No comments: