Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Leading Up to St. Patrick's Day: Two CB&C Dinners, St. Baldrick's and Two Performers

MARCH 16, SATURDAY

Okay, so no cb&c at the VFW, but I remembered seeing a flyer at Sunnyside in Johnsburg offering a cb&c dinner (corned beef & cabbage) so went there.  But, upon closer inspection of the sheet, I saw that this dinner was offered at Cullom Knoll, about seven miles away so decided to be disappointed.

So, came home and went online for awhile before driving over to Saylor Mick's in Spring Grove which had cb&c dinners so FINALLY got one after two false starts.  They also had a solo artist performing playing so got to enjoy that.

*************************************

MARCH 17TH--  SUNDAY
Bob Stroud featured the music of Van Morrison on his Rock and Roll Roots show on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM.  After all, the Van is Irish.

I drove over to the Fox Lake American Legion where they were having a St. Baldrick's head shaving event to raise money for diseases.  I didn't have my head shaved but did donate.  And, they had cb&c.  Two in a row!!  Plus, Matthew Holmes performed from 3 to 6 pm.  

Sadly, I left my to-go box when I left.

Oh well, I had my fill of corned beef & cabbage finally.

--RoadCabbage


No comments: