Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 22, 2024

Leading Up to St. Patrick's Day: No Dyed River, Parades or CB&C, But Old-Time Radio, A Beer and a Band

MARCH 16, SATURDAY

This was to be the big day of partying everywhere.  I had lots of options, but many I canceled if they involved spending time outside.  It was kind of cold and very windy.  Plus there would be crowds.  The older I get, the less I like any one of those things.

That meant a no go to McHenry to see the Fox River dyed green or the parade.  That also ruled out the parade in Lake Villa.  Sad, because I surely love parades.  I decided instead to go to the Fox Lake/Grant Township Historical Society's meeting and see the Lake County Old Time Radio Players put on an old time radio show.  They did "The Shadow."  Quite a neat and enjoyable job.

I then  went to Lake Villa and found myself in a long detour, but eventually got to the Lake Villa VFW which was having a corned beef and cabbage dinner.  I was sad to find they had already given out of it by the time I arrived.  Bummer.

However, I did luck into a seat at the very crowded bar and had a beer while enjoying the 50s-60s band, Accents.  However, the power went out and I left.

Not Finished With the Day Yet.  --RoadDog


No comments: