Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Frances' 92nd Birthday


I had to edit out some of yesterday's posting as I made a copy of it and gave it to Frances. She really liked it, but called it her obituary, which it wasn't. She read it three times and I made sure she looked at the last line where I wished her many more birthdays to come.

I didn't want her to know that she was at Alden Terrace Nursing Home, in the rehabilitation unit. But, as soon as she finishes that, she will be moving over to the nursing care unit where she will remain. Her apartment in Woodstock is no longer hers. However, she managed to live essentially by herself until almost the age of 92, so that is impressive.

We stopped at Kohl's on the way over and got her some clothing and two cupcakes. I also got her the Northwest Herald so she could do her much loved crossword puzzle.

No comments: