Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Thinkin' of Goin' Retro Tonight: A Drive-In Movie


If the storms hold off, I'm planning on going out to the McHenry Outdoor Theater tonight. They have a double play of two movies I want to see, "The Simpsons" and "Hairspray." To see both $6 is a good deal, plus, it as one of the fast disappearing drive-ins. I'll call this a retro move.

The only problem with a drive-in is that the first movie doesn't start until about 9:15 and "Hairspray" will start at around 11 PM. The end of the nearly two-hour movie is WAY past my bedtime. Plus, watching an outdoor movie in the rain, in between windshield wiper strokes, isn't much fun.

I'll take the truck. The Malibu's lights come on automatically when you turn it on and your fellow viewers don't take kindly to that. Being technologically challenged, I haven't figured out how to turn on the Malibu wipers and keep the headlights off. The truck doesn't have the automatic lights.

We thought the McHenry Outdoor was going to close down for good last year as there are a lot of subdivisions being built around it. I'm sure it will be gone in the not-to-distant future.

To Go Outside to Watch or Not. --RoadDog

No comments: