Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ronnie Rice's Playlist 8-16-07


He's liable to launch into any song at anytime, so this is just what he played Thursday. His shows are definitely a lot of sing-a-long and name-that-tune. Of course, with songs like these, it was like one of those public TV shows where everyone is sitting there mouthing the words to those great old songs. Only here, we had a lot of movement.

At one point, he invited people (including young kids who had no clue), up on the stage to do the Hand Jive.

I was writing down the names of the songs, which he rarely would tell the name of, you had to guess. I did quite well, but then again, I'm quite old and grew up with those tunes. Here is one place I could beat Mom as she always trounces me when we do a Big Band name-that-tune. But, then again, that's HER era.

I only had one I couldn't name, and I knew that song, but just couldn't name it. It was from the 80s, the only "new" song he played. Eventually, an hour after the concert, it came to me, Gregg Kihn's "Breakup Song." I'm also not sure about the "Forget Him" song. Other than that, I rolled on the 61 songs and two encore songs he played in his one and a half hour show.

It was only him on the stage with a guitar.

Here we go:

I'm Ready
Shake Rattle and Roll
Do You Wanna Dance?
Let's Go
Summertime Blues
High Heel Sneakers
Rock and Roll is Here to Stay
Boney Maronie
Little Bitty Pretty One
Rockin' Robin
Rock and Roll Music
I Like It Like That
Let the Good Times Roll Rockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu
Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
Ain't That a Shame
Blueberry Hill--a couple Fats Domino songs
You Can't Sit Down
Roll Over Beethoven
Lonely Days and Lonely Nights
Runaway
Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh- the crowd really ate up this silly song
Wolverton Mountain
Battle of New Orleans
Running Bear- complete with Indian sounds
Please Mr. Custer- with arrow sounds and "Forward Hos"
Things I'd Like to Say- Guess who wrote this one?
I Will Always Think About You- these last two by New Colony 6. I wish he'd done more.
Where the Action Is

To Be Continued...    --RoadDog

No comments: