Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Alright. Who Is Peter Sarstedt?

After seeing the name Peter Sarstedt and the top twenty song in the UK of "Frozen Orange Juice," (see previous post) I wanted to hear the song since I'd never heard of it before. Thanks to You Tube, I got the chance. Not a bad song, and definitely one that fit in perfectly with the time frame of 1969.

He was born in India in 1942 and is still performing after about twenty albums. In 1967, he had a song go to #1 in the UK with "Where Do You Go To (My Lovely)" about a poor girls who joins the Euro-jetset. It also hit #1 in Australia.

Other big songs were "Beirut," "I Am a Cathedral," and "Take Off Your Clothes," which I listened to as well. Not a dirty song, but one with revealing your inner self.

He also had a brother, Richard, who hit #1 back in 1961, performing as Eden Kane.

Didn't Know That. Ain't the Internet Great? --RoadDog

No comments: