Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Goodbye Casey, We Hardly Knew Ye

Well, actually we knew you quite well, almost 39 years. This past weekend, Casey Kasem told listeners to his America's Top 20 that this was his last show.

He started his America's Top 40, 39 years ago on July 4, 1970. In 2004, Ryan Seacrest took over the show.

Casey Kasem, 77, says he loved doing it, but now has time freed up to do other projects.

I've listened to Casey for more years than I care to remember, and especially now, I listen to the show to keep up with current music since I don't listen to pop stations much anymore. He was the Dick Clark of radio.

My Request is "Happy Trails to You" by Roy and Dale. --RoadDog

No comments: