Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 13, 2009

It's Them, Not Me: That Time of the Year Again

Things That Really Burn My Butt.

I went into the local Walgreen's yesterday and saw the employees busily transforming an aisle into a glorious "Back-to-School" zone. AND, it's just a weekend after the Fourth of July!!! Hey, July 12th for crying out loud!!!!

Isn't that pushing it just a bit?

Not only that, but there were ads in the Sunday papers for school stuff. You know, those ads for some really CHEAP items like Staples' 1 cent reams of paper, 8-packs of highlighters for a buck, and eight-70 count spiral binders for a buck at Walgreen's.

Now, I realize that they keep moving the start of school up seemingly every year, but come on folks. One thing the poor kids don't need to have thrown in their faces is the fact that summer is nearing an end.

I know, that as a teacher, I hated to see all this back-to-school stuff. It meant that holiday was about over. Now that I'm retired, it is not as bad, though.

Oh well, looks like I'll just have to drive over and buy some stuff for my "office." These are just too good of deals to pass up. And, sadly, I really don't need anything, but, like I said....

Hey, Shopkeepers, Give Those Kids a Break!! --RoadDog

No comments: