Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happenings Twenty Years Time Ago

One nice thing about keeping a journal for most every day since 1978 is that I can look back and see what I was doing all those years ago. It sure brings back people and events that I would otherwise have forgotten thanks to my CRS. I have been looking at my 1989 Journal (or do you call it diary?).

Back then, we were doing lots of boating, and 4th of July went to a bunch of places on the Chain for bands and celebrating. I saw in the papers that a bunch of airlines were offering $152 round trip to most places in the US. Where to go, where to go?

My buddy Rick suggested San Diego where we could stay with his brother. I'd only driven through the place once back in 1967 with my family. We flew out on the 6th. One nice thing about being a teacher during the summer was the ability to do something like this, and, even better, I wasn't deejaying for a week, so it worked out great.

Talked with San Diego sportswriter Barry Bloom on the way out to SD. Liz flew out the next day. The 7th, we went to Old Town and Pacific Beach and had $1.50 drinks at Jose Murphy's.

OTL Tomorrow and Tijuana the Next Day. --RoadDog

No comments: