Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Every Bloomin' Thing-- Early July

After taking a walk around the yard earlier today, I have to get a book on perennials and start looking up the names of some of the plants I have for which I have no clue as to their name. There are quite a few of them.

When I returned home Sunday, I immediately cut the grass which had been growing for two-and-a-half weeks with lots of rain. To say the least, it was looking more than a bit shabby. I have been working on the east side the past two days, pulling up weeds and the early daisies, which are now spent.

THE YARD'S ABLAZE

I strive to make sure there is a lot of color in the yard at all times of the growing season. Right now, I have lots of yellow and white flowers all over the place.

Here is a list of what I have in bloom:

Missouri primrose-- yellow
late daisies-- low, mid, and tall-- white
a purple perennial
another purple perennial
yellow perennial-- flowers growing up stalk and VERY INVASIVE!!! But, pretty
Stella Oro daylillies-- yellow
dianthus-- various colors
yarrow-- yellow
gladidoras-- red and yellow
Asiatic daylillies-- various colors, including some brilliant reds and scarlets
wild daisies
purple sage
clematis-- purple
orange perennial
a yellow spreading perennial
potentilla-- yellow

It's a Yard Thing, You Know. --RoadDog

No comments: