Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Where Were You February 6, 1969?-- Part 2

Continuing with Stroud's Time Warp back to 1969. All these songs were playing on Chicago radio stations (WLS and WCFL).


PROUD MARY-- CCR-- Yep, my all-time favorite group, JF and the boys.
I STARTED A JOKE-- BEE GEES-- At this point I was still wondering if these guys were the Beatles performing under an alias or not.

RAMBLIN' GAMBLIN' MAN-- BOB SEGER SYSTEM-- Still sounds like they said "F----- World" at one point.
INDIAN GIVER-- 1910 FRUITGUM COMPANY-- I don't care what they say, Bubble Gum Music was fun. "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy."

EVERYDAY PEOPLE-- SLY AND THE FAMILY STONE
THINGS I'D LIKE TO SAY-- NEW COLONY SIX-- My favorite 60s Chicago band.

CROSSROADS-- CREAM
BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP-- FOUNDATIONS

I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE-- MARVIN GAYE-- Where are those California grapes when you need them?

More '69 to Come. --RoadDog


QUESTIONABLE HEADLINE: Miners Refuse to Work After Death. (Yeah, no more life insurance.)

No comments: