Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

WLS Silver Dollar Survey for January 28, 1966

I came across this at the website of Chicago's 94.7 WLS-FM, which has proudly taken up the music played by the late great WLS-AM from 1960 to when it turned to all yap.

Growing up (at least after the Beatles arrived in 1964) this was my favorite radio station, followed closely by WCFL-AM 1000.

On Jan. 28, 1966, I was in my second semester as a sophomore at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois.

1. WE CAN WORK IT OUT/DAYTRIPPER-- BEATLES
2. BARBARA ANN-- BEACH BOYS
3. SOUNDS OF SILENCE-- SIMON & GARFUNKEL
4. I CONFESS-- NEW COLONY SIX
5. LIGHTNING STRIKES-- LOU CHRISTIE

6. NO MATTER WHAT SHAPE-- T-BONES
7. SHE'S JUST MY STYLE-- GARY LEWIS & THE PLAYBOYS
8. LIES-- KNICKERBOCKERS
9. SANDY-- RANDY & THE DAYTONAS
10. ZORBA THE GREEK-- HERB ALPERT & THE TIJUANA BRASS

11. I FOUGHT THE LAW-- BOBBY FULLER FOUR
12. SHE'S A MUST TO AVOID-- HERMAN'S HERMITS
13. MY LOVE-- PETULA CLARK
14. YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO BE SO NICE-- LOVIN' SPOONFUL
15. ANDREA-- SUNRAYS

16. A WELL RESPECTED MAN-- KINKS
17. BIG BRIGHT EYES-- DANNY HUTTON
18. THE MEN IN MY LITTLE GIRL'S LIFE-- MIKE DOUGLAS
19. I SEE THE LIGHT-- FIVE AMERICANS
20. JENNY TAKE A RIDE-- MITCH RYDER & DETROIT WHEELS

I must admit not remembering #17 and #19.

Bringing Back Any Memories? --RoadDog

QUESTIONABLE HEADLINE: Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant. (Doesn't he have to be proven guilty first?

No comments: