Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where Were You February 6, 1969?-- Part 1

This past Sunday, I was in Cape Coral, Florida, so didn't get to hear Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots Time Warp back to 1969, so any comments will be mine.

I was a senior at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois, and enjoying the old Senior Lounge with that 45 jukebox. After school, I worked at the Burger King on Northwest Highway and I was still going steady with Liz.

TIME OF THE SEASON-- ZOMBIES
LOVIN' THINGS-- GRASS ROOTS-- Should be in the RnR HoF, if they are not already.

SON OF A PREACHER MAN-- DUSTY SPRINGFIELD
I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME-- SUPREMES AND TEMPTATIONS-- Two of those GREAT old Motown groups, together.

GOING UP THE COUNTRY-- CANNED HEAT-- Great song, but what were they doing to it at Woodstock?
I GOT A LINE ON YOU-- SPIRIT

I Remember These Songs. --RoadDog


QUESTIONABLE HEADLINES: Experts Say Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash.

No comments: