Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Number One Songs This Date-- Part 1

From Josh Hosler www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneinHistory/SelectMonth.htm.

Based on Billboard Charts.

Going back in history and the decade of the 1960s, the number one song on February 1st.


2011 GRENADE-- Bruno Mars
2001 IT WASN'T ME-- Shaggy (Well, that's my story anyway.)
1991 THE FIRST TIME-- Surface

1981 CELEBRATION-- Kool & the Gang-- I wonder how many times this song has been played at weddings. I know I played it every wedding I deejayed.
1971 KNOCK THREE TIMES-- Dawn-- What happened to Tony? Always liked those strikes on the pipe.
1970 VENUS-- Shocking Blue-- Always sounded like she said something else.

1969 CRIMSON & CLOVER-- Tommy James & the Shondells-- A long way from "Hanky Panky."
1968 GREEN TAMBOURINE-- Lemon Pipers-- Want a little psychedelic with that?
1967 I'M A BELIEVER-- Monkees-- Right, Shrek and Donkey?

1966 MY LOVE-- Petula Clark-- Rockin' with the Pet.
1965 YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN' FEELIN'-- Righteous Brothers.-- Hey, they weren't really brothers. Always think about "Top Gun" when I hear it.

More to Come. --RoadDog


TIME CHANGES: 1978-- Going to a new, hip joint 2010-- Receiving a new hip joint

No comments: