Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Did the Groundhog Thing

Saturday was an ode to the prognosticator of prognosticators, the famous groundhog name Woodstock Willie, the official one for Illinois.

His base for the weekend and for the next two days is Woodstock, Illinois. It is not that famous place in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, home of Punx. Phil, but the town is the site of the famous movie "Groundhog Day."

This is my kind of celebration, people, but not too crowded. You can actually go places without feeling sardined.

I started with seeing the movie on the big screen at the theatre featured in the movie. Whenever the theatre is seen on screen, it gets lots of cheering.

Then, I had my groundhog cookie from the Swiss Maid Bakery and filled up with chili in the cook off, before hitting a book sale at the mall and enjoying a couple folk duos.

The biggest thing I did was actually get to eat at the site of the Tip Top Cafe which was in many movie scenes. I have been wanting to do this for many years, but never had the opportunity. I would have liked to have sat in the nook where Bill Murray did, but a couple was already there. So I sat about where Ralph and Gus were.

I then went to the annual movie synopsis.

Hey You Woodchucks (Groundhogs)!! Stop Shucking My Wood. --RoadDog


TIMES CHANGE: 1978-- Trying to look like Marlon Brando and Elizabeth Taylor. 2010-- Trying NOT to look like them.

No comments: