Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 21, 2011

If It's Good Times You Want, Don't Go to Old Chicago in Bettendorf, Iowa

We just got back from our annual trip out to the Mississippi River to see the bald eagles. We always stay at the Ramada Motel north of Bettendorf. It has very nice accommodations, is reasonable and a really nice pool area.

Even better, it is next door to an Old Chicago restaurant which had NTN. Now, that's nirvana for folks like Liz and myself who are real NTN, or do you say Buzztime, nuts.

At first, it was a great setup, but the last several years, they didn't have ANY drink specials except a happy hour and one at night where they knock a buck off a pint.

We went there Wednesday night and were shocked to find they charged $3.75 for a domestic pint!! I guess their customers must be independently wealthy to pay that much. And that is just domestic. They specialize in imports and craft beers. I can only imagine what they charge for that.

So, their drinks are rip-off-priced.

But, them, when I went to sign in on my board, it wouldn't let me, with a message that I would have had to have signed in before (which I had). I could play as a guest but not player plus. I tried on all their boards, but the same thing. Liz signed in right away.

The bartender tried to get me in, but when it wouldn't said I should just play as a guest. We have been to over 900 NTN sites across the United States and I never had this happen before.

As if the ripoff prices weren't bad enough, now I am not allowed to play there.

So, after spending out $7.50 for two Miller Lite pints (with at least 2 ounces of foam), we left and went to Buffalo Wild Wings about a mile away and had no problem signing in.

Believe Me, It Will Be a Long, Long Time (AS in Never) Before I Set Foot in There Again. Old Rip-off. --RoadDog


QUOTE: I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap. --Bob Hope

No comments: