Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 14, 2011

White vs. Multi: How Does Your Family Stand?-- Part 2

Electric lights replaced dangerous candles in the early 1900s and the popularity of Christmas lights exploded after World War II.

I have had outside lights since we moved to Spring Grove in 1992. While in Round Lake Beach, Illinois, I had a problem because we didn't have outside outlets and I don't know if there were already outside timers even if I had the outlets.

Those outside timers are by far the key for me to have outside lights. If there were none, I wouldn't have outside lights. Few things in life are less enjoyable than going outside into sub-freezing weather at 10 or 11 pm from a nice warm house to turn off lights. It just wouldn't happen.

Plus, when we had our house built, I got four outside outlets.

Then, Emproprise brings up another distinct question, blinking or non-blinking lights? He says non-blinking.

Most of mine are non-blinking, but I do have a few strands of chasers at either end of the display as well as one of those blinking spiral trees. And I do have a cascading strand in the gazebo.

Enough Christmas Talk for Eleven More Months. --RoadDog


QUOTES: I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not at all pleased to read the description in the catalogue:- "No good in bed, but does fine against a wall."-- Eleanor Roosevelt.

No comments: