Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Going Back to My Past Last Night

This past Friday, I was reading the Lake County Journal here in northeast Illinois and came across an article about the president of the Round Lake Area Library Board retiring after 35 years of being on the board.

I was also on the board and a former president of it, and knew Linda and her husband Lisle very well. He recently retired as reverend of the local Presbyterian Church. He had once taken me up in his plane and over the years, we had been at many weddings. He officiated and I deejayed.

Linda was retiring because they will be spending several months a year in their paradise, Hawaii.

The board was having a special session thanking her for all those years of service on Wednesday night. I figured to go myself and congratulate her, plus her husband and other people I knew might be there as well.

Barb, the former library director when i was on the board, was also there. I had a nice talk with Linda's husband, Lisle. Their son, Lisle Jr, is in the Ukraine right now, teaching and is a Fulbright Scholar. He has a PhD. I taught him way back in 7th grade and am quite proud of him.

Nothing Like Meeting Old Friends Again. --RoadDog

No comments: