Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 9, 2011

A Shock at Virginia Tech

Sitting in Donovan's Reef yesterday, I was shocked to see news of shootings at Virginia Tech again. Four years ago they had the 30+ murders. And now, again, deaths at the college.

Not much was known at the time, but now, apparently, a university cop made a traffic stop. Someone else ran up and killed him then killed themselves. It was not another mass-slaying.

This hits home for me especially because of the Valentine's Day murders at my old school, Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, where five students were killed.

Murders on campus were something that never entered my mind when I was at college. And, I went through the Kent State Riots and anti-war movement.

Northern has since had a shooting and two murders on different occasions.

Not the Same World. --RoadDog

No comments: