Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Where Were You August 19, 1965?-- Part 1

I was a mere 14-year-old, just having graduated junior high and getting ready to go to Fremd High School in Palatine, Illinois.

This Top Twenty songs comes from WAIR 1340 AM radio out of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I found this on Fessa John Hook's Beach Music Site.

1. I GOT YOU BABE-- Sonny and Cher-- Way before anyone ever thought of a "Groundhog Day" movie.
2. IT'S THE SAME OLD SONG-- Four Tops-- Some great Motown.
3. PAPA'S GOT A BRAND NEW BAG-- James Brown-- The first time I'd ever heard of him.
4. I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU-- Spinners
5. HELP-- Beatles-- Wouldn't be a 1965 chart without a Beatles song on it.

6. UNCHAINED MELODY-- Righteous Brothers-- Way before anybody ever thought of a "Ghost" movie.
7. DOWN IN THE BOONDOCKS-- Billy Joe Royal-- This song and "I Got You Babe" always remind me of my graduation trip from 8th grade that my parents gave me that summer. I went on a week-long fishing trip to Canada. These songs played over and over and over.
8. NOTHING BUT HEARTACHES-- Supremes-- Some more great Motown
9. BABY, I'M YOURS-- Barbara Lewis
10. CALIFORNIA GIRLS-- Beach Boys-- What about those Illinois girls? OK, Midwest farmers' daughters.

Good Stuff. Ten More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: