Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Me and Technology

Not that I am completely ignorant of new technology, but practically so. Obviously, with these blogs, I must know a little something about it. I know what I know, and that "ain't" much.

I can't help but laugh in some of the comics when this awkward, backward technology comes full fore. One great comic strip I like is "Pickles" about an elderly couple, your grandparents type. I have really come to relate to the old codger of the pair, Earl.

From the Aug. 7th Chicago Tribune.

FRAME 1: Earl's wife Opal is dusting. Grandson Nelson asks, "Gramma, where's Grampa?" Opal replies, "He's on the computer trying to figure out how to send an e-mail."

FRAME 2: Nelson, "Old people aren't very good at computers, are they?"

FRAME 3: Opal, "Well, we didn't grow up with them like your generation, Nelson."

FRAME 4: Still Dusting, Opal says, "Some of us are pretty god at learning computer skills."

FRAME 5: They are now in the computer room where Earl is at the computer, an old pc unit like I use. Earl has a look of exasperation and says, "Oh, shoot! I think I just deleted the whole darn internet."

FRAME 6: Opal and Nelson walking away, and Opal says, "Others of us, not so much."

This would explain why Liz can do so much on a computer and I can't.

Well, That's My Excuse, Anyway. --RoadDog


HOW"S THAT AGAIN? One bad apple spoils the whole barrel...One corrupt or bad person can cause all others to go bad if you don't remove the bad one.

No comments: