Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

"Ain't" Goin' to Lollapalooza

Big news in Chicago this weekend is the annual Lollapalooza summer festival that started last night.  Of course, it being in Chicago means I won't be attending because of my price boycott, especially PARKING!!

Plus, I don't really know new music anymore.  At 61, I've been passed by and since I no longer deejay, I don't need to know.

However, yesterday, the Chicago Tribune printed an hour-by-hour breakdown of who is playing on what stage.  At first glance, I just recognized the name sof three groups and two of those could be classified as oldies, especially Black Sabbath.  The other two were Red Hot Chili Peppers and Black Keys.  I did see why Lin Braemer said you'd have to chose between the Black Keys and Black Sabbath as both closed their stages last night.

Another look this morning and I recognized the names of Alabama Shakes, Franz Ferdinand, Florence + the Machine and Jack White.

However, there would be some groups I'd check out just on the basis of their name.  Here they are:

FRIDAY

O Rappa, First Aid Kit, Blind Pilot, Band of Skulls, Dry the River, The White Panda, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (How could you not check them out with a  name like this?), Yellow Ostrich, Tame Impala, The Growlers, Dr. Dog.

SATURDAY

The Tallest Man on Earth, Kopecky Family Band, Walk Off the Earth, Star Slinger, Skream & Benga, B.o.B, Bear In Heaven, Neon Indian,

SUNDAY

Oberhofer, WhiteRabbits, The Devil Makes Three, Hey Rosetta!, Dum Dum Girls, The Gaslight Anthem, Of Monsters & Men, Childish Gambino, Imaginary Cities, The Sheepdogs, The Jezabels, Big Gigantic, Zeds Dead, The Walkman, Bombay Bicycle Club, Trampled By Turtles (How could you not?)

Won't Be There.  --RoadDog

A FUNNY HEADLINE:  Squad Helps Dog Bite Victim

No comments: