Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Another List of 2013 Movies That I Mostly Saw

From the Jan. 5, 2014, Chicago Tribune "Disney's dizzying year" by Jonathan Berlin and Chad Yoder. //// Disney had a good year in 2013 leading to $1.7 billion domestic and $4.7 billion worldwide. //// They released nine major films. In order of domestic earnings in millions(* means I saw it): 1. *Iron Man 3, $409 //// 2. Monters University $268.5 //// 3. *Frozen, 263.1 //// 4. *Oz the Great and Powerful $234.9 //// 5. *Thor: The Dark World 202.5 //// 6. Planes, 90.3 //// 7. *The Lone Ranger, $89.3 //// 8. *Saving Mr. Banks $44.1 //// 9. Delivery Man, 29.7. //// And, I would have liked to have seen "Monsters University" and "Planes." I have gotten to be a huge fan of animated movies. "Saving Mr. Banks" is still at the theaters, so it will go up, but I doubt that it will be too high (even though it is my favorite of all of them). //// I liked all of the movies I saw from Disney. "The Lone Ranger" was the big "flop" and was described in the article as the "John Carter" of 2013. I thoroughly enjoyed it (and, I really like "John Carter" as well). //// My top three favorites in order: 1. Saving Mr. Banks, 2. Oz the Great and Powerful, 3. The Lone Ranger. //// I will have Disney's highest grossing films by year from 2000 in my Cooter's History Thing blog today. //// Pass the Popcorn. --RoadDog

No comments: