Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Beatles and Me-- Part 2: And What About These Other Songs?

I tuned into WLS and it didn't take long for me to hear "I Want to Hold Your Hand." But what about all these other songs I'm hearing by other groups? I liked them too. Thanks a lot Beatles, now I'm hooked on pop music. Gotta get me a radio. I really need a radio. //// After I got one, I really started listening a lot. I had a lot of catching up to do. I found out this rock and roll music went back to 1955 so had a lot of listening to do. //// Looking back at the WLS Top 40 from January 17, 1964, there are still quite a few groups and singers that I never heard of before, mostly KO'd by Beatlemania and the British Invasion. Here are those: Ginny Arnell (I did a lot of research and will write about her later), Jim and Monica, Dale Ward, Murry Kellum, Reflections, Ideals, Drewvells, Nick Noble, Kevin and Greg and the Cookies. And there were 14 songs that I was not familiar with as well. And, this is considering all the listening and research I've been doing in the last fifty years. I didn't listen to pop music at all before the Beatles. //// Like I Said, I Had a Lot of Listening to Do. --RoadDog

No comments: